Each year, Manitoba A.L.I.V.E. (A Leadership Initiative in Voluntary Efforts) graduates over 30 young leaders through our annual program. We have seen the young people who have gone through the program, flourish in developing the skill-set needed to go out into the world and make a difference. Whether it is within their own community, city or even globally, these youth are the leaders of tomorrow.
Manitoba A.L.I.V.E. creates opportunities for youth to develop their potential as volunteers and leaders in their communities.
Guiding Principles of Manitoba A.L.I.V.E.
- Offers inclusive experiences in an open, accepting environment.
- Recognizes the skills, knowledge, and abilities that participants offer to society.
- Gives unconditional acceptance and respect to participants and encourages mutual respect and self-respect amongst all participants.
- Demonstrates by example the spirit of volunteerism and encourages participants to internalize these values and principles to set an example within their communities.
- Believes that volunteerism requires particular knowledge and skills which can be learned in a relaxed, fun environment.
- Values open, honest communication.
Feedback on the Program
“It is truly amazing how 72 hours can completely change one’s outlook on life but at Manitoba ALIVE, it happens. I know that I left the program as a different girl than when I entered it three days prior. One of my favourite parts of returning to the program each year as a counsellor is the ability to witness others experiencing the same feelings and insights that I did.” – Past participant, and current counsellor
“Participating in the program as a Grade 11 student was one of the highlights of my time in high school. Surrounded by like-minded people, I was provided with the opportunity to learn from my peers and pass along the personal gifts that I possess.” – Student participant
“I have been an inner city teacher and counsellor in Winnipeg, working with youth for the past 25 years. For the past 12 years I having annually selected and sent 4-6 students to the caring organizers and facilitators at MB ALIVE. This conference is one of the highlights of my year, because I see intensive work with my students that consistently results in an increase in their confidence, their sense of self-worth, and their belief that they are more similar than different to other youth who come from different circumstances.” - Teacher
Documents to Download
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org